On September 19 and 20, 2022, a workshop was held at the education centre of the National Center of Public Health and Analysis (NCPHA), focused on prevention programmes and measures in the field of drug use prevention, as well as guidelines for establishing standards in prevention work.
Leading experts in the field of drugs presented the following topics:
- Internet-based drug prevention practices – by Dr. Tsveta Raicheva, Head of the “Addictions” Department, “Mental Health and Prevention of Addictions” Directorate, NCPHA.
- An integrated approach and improvement of treatment approaches – by Dr. Vladimir Nakov, Head of the “Mental Health” Department, “Mental Health and Prevention of Addictions”, NCPHA.
- Guidelines in selective prevention – by Elmira Nesheva, Centre for Humane Policies.
- Experience, assessment and future of a programme on selective prevention – by Plamenka Petrova, Prevention and Information Centre – Sofia.
- Guidelines in indicated prevention – Valentina Marinova, Alexandrina Alexova and Viktoria Kazakova.
- The role of law enforcement bodies in the prevention of drug use – Stefan Bakalov, Head of the “Combating Drug Trafficking” Department, Customs Agency.